Work on Google Home & Google Home Mini & Google Home Max
– My Configuration
– Others Notes
– Officials Links
– 3D Printed parts
Hi, I took advantage of a rainy weekend to update my multimedia players, having bought a new Raspberry Pi 3 during the BlackFriday, I took the opportunity to print a new box.
I choose this one: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1956623
Having received a few days ago the speaker Google Home, I wanted to set up a maximum of automation in the house.
Note: I don’t use at Home Amazon Alexa, because she don’t speak french yet.
The technology and platforms available (Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa …) have evolved since my first tests realized 2 years ago with S.A.R.A.H. v3, on Youtube :
- 1 x Kodi 17.x installed on a LibreElec 8.2.1 (https://libreelec.tv) distribution on Raspberry Pi 3
- 1 x Kodi 17.x installed on a LibreElec 8.2.1 (https://libreelec.tv) distribution on an Android 6.0 Amlogic S905X Box (LibreElec starts on an SD card, without erasing the Android system)
Help to use LibreElec on Android box:
- 1 x Sharp TV LC-60LE652E CEC compatible (2013)
- 1 x Panasonic TV TX-P50GT30 CEC compatible (2012)
- 1 x Google Home (in French) on Google Home wall Mount
- 1 x Synology DiskStation DS216j
Tutorial to control Kodi through your Google Home / Google Assistant
Currently to control Kodi V17 with Google Assistant, you have 3 solutions / alternatives
- Use Glitch to create a web server in 2 min (but limited to only 1 Kodi)
- Create a web server on your PC (Windows or Linux) (manage several Kodi)
- Create a web server on a NAS server (management of several Kodi, standalone and automatic start).
Tutorial to install GoogleHomeKodi on NAS Synology: https://warlord0blog.wordpress.com/2017/11/29/google-home-and-kodi/
Example : You want play a movie: “Hey Google, kodi play [movie name]”
It will search for the given movie name and play it. Currently, you can perform more than 35 actions by voice !
OmerTu compiled on GitHub the necessary elements. The project is called GoogleHomeKodi:
Note: Master and Dev branchs will soon merge.
Install Webserver on NAS Synology
If you want to use this Webserver on NAS Synology (linux) like me, check this link : https://warlord0blog.wordpress.com/2017/11/29/google-home-and-kodi/
For installing Webserver on Synology, don’t froget to connect with Putty in admin (default, the admin account is disabled)
The next version of Kodi V18 will work with Google Assistant (with some platforms limitations).
Beta Demo of Kodi 18 with Google Assistant :
3D Printed parts :
Raspberry Pi 3 case : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1956623
Google Home Wall mount : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2426589
My collection on Thingiverse for Google Home / Mini / Max : https://www.thingiverse.com/Printer3D_One/collections/google-home-home-mini-home-max
- Custom Wall Mount for the Google Home (safe & durable)
- Protective Skin For Google Home (carbon skin, wood…)