Problem with extruder: filament blocked in tube ptfe / throat / pipe / nozzle

Home Forums 3D Printers (English forum) Monoprice Maker / Wanhao Duplicator Monoprice Maker Ultimate | Wanhao Duplicator 6 Problem with extruder: filament blocked in tube ptfe / throat / pipe / nozzle

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  joe 2 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Admin
    Keymaster

It is a copy of my message : https://groups.google.com/d/msg/wanhao-printer-3d/30XbEh81yjI/rlw51dHvAgAJ

Hello Gary, I have a problem with extruder. You can show video on facebook group https://www.facebook.com/mathieu.fabris/videos/10153611916964599/

Printing starts normally. But after a moment (about 50% of printing): gear and bearing make sound “click clik” and It can’t load filament. It seems to be blocked in tube ptfe/throat/pipe/nozzle.
    I need to abort the print and the filament is stuck in throat:

I need to do all this steps after all the abort of prints :

On LCD panel :

I need to click on “Tune >Abort” print
    Maintenance > Advanced
    Lower builplate twice (x2)
    And

Unscreew the 2 hexa screew for throat/pipe
    cut the filament blocked/stuck in throat/pipe
    unscrew the nozzle
    Cleaning the nozzle with gaz light or blowpipe (after I can see through the hole. The interior of the nozzle is perfectly smooth and clean)
    Cleaning the throat/pipe (after The interior of the throat is perfectly smooth and clean)
    Cleaning the PTFE Tube (replaced already 2 times)
    I assemble all the parts
    And to start a new print I need to do this steps :

Maintenance > Advanced > insert material and I test loading with > move material.
    Note :
    I have checked the gear ( the wheel notches seem to be clean).
    I have tested 3 Brand of filaments (Wanhao, BQ, ICE)
    I have tested on 2 spool holder of filament
    In both case, The filament unrolls successful on the all spools (proceeds without force )

I have order 2x MK10 nozzle to test in 3 days his remplacement.

Do you have an idea ? a solution ?

Thank you

Wanhao-d6-Problem-extruder-filament-blocked-clogged-tube-ptfe-throat-pipe-nozzle-printer3d.one 01 Wanhao-d6-Problem-extruder-filament-blocked-clogged-tube-ptfe-throat-pipe-nozzle-printer3d.one 02 Wanhao-d6-Problem-extruder-filament-blocked-clogged-tube-ptfe-throat-pipe-nozzle-printer3d.one 03 Wanhao-d6-Problem-extruder-filament-blocked-clogged-tube-ptfe-throat-pipe-nozzle-printer3d.one 04 Wanhao-d6-Problem-extruder-filament-blocked-clogged-tube-ptfe-throat-pipe-nozzle-printer3d.one 05 Wanhao-d6-Problem-extruder-filament-blocked-clogged-tube-ptfe-throat-pipe-nozzle-printer3d.one 06 Wanhao-d6-Problem-extruder-filament-blocked-clogged-tube-ptfe-throat-pipe-nozzle-printer3d.one 07 Wanhao-d6-Problem-extruder-filament-blocked-clogged-tube-ptfe-throat-pipe-nozzle-printer3d.one 08

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Admin
    Keymaster

Ok,

I have replaced :

• nozzle
    • builtak

Added :

• lubrification (oil) on X and Y axis
    • grease on Z axe

Note: 2 screws on X and Y axis were unscrewed !

I permanently banned BQ and ICE PLA filament.

Now I use Wanhao and Hatchbox filament

joe
    Participant

Thx for sharing this information. Had the same problem twice using “Prima Select” filament (PLA, black, print temperature: 210 C). Did the problem reoccure meanwhile using Wanhao and Hatchbox filaments?

Best regards

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.