14.6 C
Nice,FR
Saturday, April 29, 2017

Most Common Duplicator 6 Problems And Their Fixes

Home Forums 3D Printers (English forum) Wanhao Wanhao Duplicator 6 Most Common Duplicator 6 Problems And Their Fixes

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Steven3D 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Admin
    Keymaster

D6 Most Common wanhao Duplicator 6 Problems issues and Their Fixes

List here most common Duplicator 6 problems and their fixes.

Update : 2016/05/24 : new list

Problems listed on Facebook Group by Neil Watts.

Current Wanhao Duplicator D6 issues

This is a list of the current issues and improvements that can be made to the D6 to make it a formidable printer. If anyone has any other suggestions please list them below.

Current Software Issues :

• Filament load process – currently the Material, Change process follows a Bowden tube load (slow, fast, slow) despite the D6 not being a Bowden tube machine.
    • Platform lowering – At the end of each print the build plate does not lower to the bottom of it’s travel. Also, if you choose Maintenance, Advanced, Lower Buildplate the build plate rises, lowers, rises again the lowers and stops just 50mm below the nozzle.
    • Version – choosing Version in the Maintenance, Advanced menu currently blanks the screen and jumps back to a previous option.
    • Buildplate Speed – the current Z-axis speed is set to just 5mm/s. While this is changeable in Maintenance, Advanced, Motion Settings menu option it really needs to be set default at around 25-30mm/s

Current Hardware Issues :

• Fan noise – The lower and extruder fans tend to be quite noisy. Please utilise quieter, silent fans
    • Print cooling – the current single head cooling fan is drastically insufficient to provide small quality prints. The machine needs to be fitted with dual fans as standard to provide best print quality.
    • Filament tube guide – the machine should be provided as standard with a filament feed tube from the rear of the machine to the extruder head. The case hole for a tube guide is there but no hardware (mount and tube) is provided with the machine.
    • Filament spool holder – the one supplied is too short for many filament rolls, particularly those of 1kg+ size. Ideally 2 lengths of spool holder (short and long) should be provided with the machine.
      Rubber feet – the lower edges of the machine frame is plain metal. The corners should be fitted with flexible feet to protect the surface and also to reduce vibrations.
    • Door – the supplied door needs to have a fixing mechanism on the handle side, preferably with magnetic latching, to reduce vibrations and ensure the door remains closed during printing

• This topic was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  Admin.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Admin
    Keymaster

• Broken/Disconnected Connector on Z Axis motor
    • motheboard connectors Disconnected
    • unscrew 4 bottom screws

sid wortman
    Participant

this is a local problem for 1-2 people ? or serious issue  :negative:

Admin
    Keymaster

this is a local problem for 1-2 people ? or serious issue :negative:

I don’t know at this time . it’s about 4 or 5 buyers reported worldwide currently

Admin
    Keymaster

From FB Group

turned it on and got “message ERROR …STOPPING: Temp sensor.”

No fixe at this time

Admin
    Keymaster

Message from Chen Gary, Wanaho General Manager 2016/05/23

Dear All the D6 users,

Sorry for so many firmware issue on the D6. It’s our problem that we never thought these bugs are so much hurting. All our technician guys and some guys from Makerbot are busy modifying the firmware now. We shall release the new firmware with fixing the bugs after we finishing testing around 24th May. Sorry for keep you waitting.

WANHAO TEAM

source and first comments : https://www.facebook.com/groups/470637449795481/permalink/482773488581877/?comment_id=482821141910445&notif_t=group_comment_follow&notif_id=1464018517780546

Admin
    Keymaster

Link on Google + group : https://groups.google.com/d/msg/wanhao-printer-3d/30XbEh81yjI/J7BEjJw7AQAJ

New (fast) response by Gary Chen on 2016/05/24 > copy on Facebook

Dear Wanhao D6 users,
    Thanks for your great comments and suggestion on D6.  Pleae check the reply in BLUE.

Neil Watts
    5月24日上午 6:20
    Current Wanhao Duplicator D6 issues on 24th May 2016

This is a list of the current issues and improvements that can be made to the D6 to make it a formidable printer. If anyone has any other suggestions please list them below. 

Current Software Issues 

Filament load process – currently the Material, Change process follows a Bowden tube load (slow, fast, slow) despite the D6 not being a Bowden tube machine. 

Yes, we have changed the speed to slow moving for near end filament extruding system.

Platform lowering – At the end of each print the build plate does not lower to the bottom of it’s travel. Also, if you choose Maintenance, Advanced, Lower Buildplate the build plate rises, lowers, rises again the lowers and stops just 50mm below the nozzle.

We have changed the command to lower platform 20mm by each click.  We believe this is safe way to lower the platform.  Some customer may want to get much more distance. Please Go tohttp://www.GITHUB.com and search WANHAO firmware and modify it. Or you can contact WANHAO support for assistance.

We modified the ENDING Code when you finish printing, the platform would move to bottom automaticly. So there’s sufficient room to clear the print.

All customer are able to download firmware Version 3.01 and new software CURA-WANHAO EDITION 16.02 from WANHAO WEBSITE and Google forum.

Version – choosing Version in the Maintenance, Advanced menu currently blanks the screen and jumps back to a previous option.

This bug has been corrected.  Correct version would be displayed. 

Buildplate Speed – the current Z-axis speed is set to just 5mm/s. While this is changeable in Maintenance, Advanced, Motion Settings menu option it really needs to be set default at around 25-30mm/s

This setting is for printing.  Too fast on Z axis is not good for quality prints. So we did not change this figure. In moving Z axis command, the actual speed is 30mm/second which is quite fast enough.   Anyway if you get special requirement on moving Z axis during printing.  We would make customrized firmware for you.

Current Hardware Issues 

Fan noise – The lower and extruder fans tend to be quite noisy. Please utilise quieter, silent fans

This is silent fan already.  The whole machine working condition nose is less than 48db which is very quiet compared with many printers.  Anyway if you have purchased the insulate cover which would help reduce the noise a little bit too. 

Print cooling – the current single head cooling fan is drastically insufficient to provide small quality prints. The machine needs to be fitted with dual fans as standard to provide best print quality.

Yes, we notice this. And we add one hole on the cooling fin. So the filament has double cooling system which help the cooling a lot. 

Filament tube guide – the machine should be provided as standard with a filament feed tube from the rear of the machine to the extruder head. The case hole for a tube guide is there but no hardware (mount and tube) is provided with the machine.

Yes, this is an issue.  We made the clip stl file please download it from WANHAO GOOGLE FORUM
      or THINGIVERSE.COM .  Then you can print them and upgrade your printer.

Filament spool holder – the one supplied is too short for many filament rolls, particularly those of 1kg+ size. Ideally 2 lengths of spool holder (short and long) should be provided with the machine.

Oh,  we design this holder for WANHAO filament.  Anyway we have maken the HOLDER in STL file. you can print this holder and install on your machine so you can use any other filaments

Rubber feet – the lower edges of the machine frame is plain metal. The corners should be fitted with flexible feet to protect the surface and also to reduce vibrations.
    Yes, it would be good to add the rubber feet. 

Door – the supplied door needs to have a fixing mechanism on the handle side, preferably with magnetic latching, to reduce vibrations and ensure the door remains closed during printing. 

First this insulate cover is optional components. Most customer don’t buy this cover.  Till now we haven’t figure out a good solution for this fixing issue. We shall update on WANHAO FORUM in short time.

We admit WANHAO is not perfect! There is a long way to be perfect! We are always on the way to improve it.  We welcome customer to criticize the printer and provide us precious suggestion. WANHAO is more open to accept any idea and ready to go forward.

Thank you for your suggestion and sincerely,

Gary Chen
    Vice General Manager of WANHAO

Attachments:

sid wortman
    Participant

thank you for all informations.wanhao seems serious

sid wortman
    Participant

thank you

Admin
    Keymaster

Unpacking Ok, No problem  :yahoo:

First, I have checked all connectors

Updated firmware to 3.1

Admin
    Keymaster

From FB Group

turned it on and got “message ERROR …STOPPING: Temp sensor.”

No fixe at this time

Ok, on 3.1 firmware message is : ERROR – STOPPED Temp sensor

First : check connector and it’s ok

Duplicator-6-Problems-And-Their-Fixes-temp-sensor-error-temp

Attachments:

Joules

The Z stepper connector is getting damaged-disconnected in transit by the packaging. You have nothing stopping the lower plate flexing inwards and straining the stepper connector. The machine we just got had this issue.

Admin
    Keymaster

For me,
    the connector of the extruder was improperly connected (the upper part)

Admin
    Keymaster

Got mine today, the connectors under the base plate were all connected…. actually seems they put some hotclue on the connectors now so that they stay put.

Extruder cable not connected at all.

New addition they did about which I have seen some people complaining about.
    There are some rubber feet included.

My complaint so far is that 3 screws were lose, 1 I could not find, 2 in the box.
    They were all 3 from the metal bar next to the bed adjustment knobs.
    The 2 screws I did find did not hold either.

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by  Admin.
    • This reply was modified 10 months ago by  Admin.

joe
    Participant

For me, the z-axis end switch fell down during initial assembly. The screws were pretty loose. First I didn`t notice, so the extruder nozzle run into the build plate a few times and left a small crater. After reattaching the switch everything was working fine.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by  joe.

Steven3D
    Participant

Received the Duplicator & this week and so far all worked fine, very happy.

Noticed the filament-guide-tube, but unfortunately no clips. Thanks for the link to Thingiverse! Dowloaded the clips and holder files and I am printing them right now. Very cool!

I also noticed a screw which touches the z-axis lever. I thought it was a lose screw and wanted to screw it in, but then I realised that it’s purpose is to touch the z-axis lever at the top. I’m not sure if I messed something up. Started a print, and all of a sudden, the feeder stops pushing out PLA… haven’t found out what’s the cause.

Just noticed that the feeder stops feeding PLA during the print again…. haven’t seen what’s the cause here…

Any help?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.